Monday, December 29, 2014

Knit from Stash Sock KAL 2015

I joined the Addicted to Socks Knitting group on Facebook and have been participating in their Holiday KAL.   I'm not going to be able to finish all the socks I wanted to knit (see November/December socks to knit), but I'm ready to turn the heel on the second of my Winter Solstice sock and hope to finish them before the December 31st deadline.

I've also joined the the Knit from Stash Sock KAL.  I have signed up for the patterns.  They cost $60.00 but were offered free until December 18th.  They can be bought now for $25.00. The first pattern will be released late on December 31st. I'll be ready!  I'll have the last Holiday KAL socks finished and my needles will be empty.

I'm going to pick the yarns I feel is the best for each pattern, so no bags of yarn with the months written on them for me. I may also modify some patterns (making it cuff down instead of toe up, using dpns instead of magic loop, etc.) to suit myself.  I may also do a repeat of a pattern if I want to knit more than one pair per month or if I just don't like one month's pattern. 

Someone suggested the idea of keeping a notebook so I'm going to do that too.  I found this "bird" notebook I'm going to use as my paper notebook and I'll put the same kind of information in this blog as well.  I'll include photos of the yarn, photos of progress as well as one of the finished pair of socks, and a diary of my progress.  In this blog I can put in hyperlinks.  In the paper notebook I can include small scraps of the yarns I'm using along with their tags/labels.  What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment